Applicant InformationPolice Department Applicants Click Here
Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Kingsland. Please read the following information before completing your application.
Please note that applications will only be accepted for posted vacancies; unsolicited application/resumes will not be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications received we will only contact applicants to be interviewed. Applications remain active for a period of ninety (90) days from submission date. We reserve the right to open and close job postings as necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The City of Kingsland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, veteran status, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. The policy of non-discrimination applies to every aspect of employment, including recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, promotion, transfer, termination, or any other personnel action.
Application Procedures Applicants must complete a City of Kingsland Application for Employment for each position. A link to the application is provided at the bottom of each vacancy announcement. Please follow the instructions shown on the application. All applications must be completed in full. A complete and accurate application is essential, since this is the primary source for determining your qualifications. The application should include not only paid work experience, but all other experience which may apply to the job, i.e., volunteer experience, professional training and relevant classes you have taken. If you need more space, please attach additional sheets. A resume may be attached to provide additional information but does not take the place of completing the application.
Please note the education and/or experience requirements listed on the Notice of Position Vacancy. These are minimum standards that all applicants must meet in order to be considered for employment. Meeting the minimum standards does not guarantee an interview.
Completed applications should be received in the Human Resources Department by the established closing date as stated on the Notice of Position Vacancy.
Note: Applications, resumes, letters of reference, etc., submitted become the property of the City of Kingsland and cannot be returned. The information you provide on the application may be subject to public disclosure under the Georgia Open Records Act.
- Every application received by the established closing date is reviewed for completion and minimum qualifications by the Human Resources Department.
- Should you meet the minimum qualifications for the position in which you applied, your name will be place on a register of eligible candidates and forwarded to the selection committee for consideration. This does not guarantee an interview for the position.
- The Selection Committee hold interviews with selected eligible candidates who are referred by the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department notifies the selected candidates by telephone or letter when interviews are to be scheduled. You will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.
- After the interviews, the Selection Committee makes a selection and returns all applications to the Human Resources Department.
- The Human Resources Department contacts the selected candidate to schedule and conduct post-offer/pre-employment tests after the hiring department has made a conditional offer of employment. These include but are not limited to, substance abuse screening, criminal history check and motor vehicle record check. Some positions, including those in Public Safety, may require additional assessments such as psychological evaluation, polygraph, and/or credit check, which are coordinated through Human Resources after successful results of the interview process. After satisfactory results of the tests are obtained, the hiring department contacts the candidate and extends a final offer of employment and establishes an employment start date.
- Candidates selected for employment are required to provide proof of identity and authorization of employability as outlined by the United States Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services. Selected candidates must also provide an official high school transcript, GED certificate or college transcript, depending upon the minimum qualifications of the position for which they have been selected.
- The Human Resources Department informs applicants who are interviewed but not selected for employment of the decision in writing.
Human Resources Department
PO Box 250
107 South Lee Street
Kingsland, Georgia 31548
phone (912) 729-5613 fax (912) 729-2953